The History of the Hive
The story we have uncovered about who lived here and when is still unfolding. Here's what we know so far...
Circa 23,000 BC – 1862
Ngunnawal people have lived here for millennia.
The Ngunnawal welcomed other tribes to their country every year as they gathered to feast on Bogong moths in the Tidbinbilla Ranges. Rivers and creeks were like roads that visitors would follow and camp beside. The nearby current Queanbeyan Showground site was a significant local Ngunnawal gathering place.
The Safe circa 1980
• it is from the era 1980-1990
• it will cost $800 plus to crack the code
• it contains one paperclip- we made a peep hole to see!
• it weighs 540 kilos
• would not fit out the storeroom door
• broke one trolley trying to remove it
• intended use: a donations box - need to make coin slot!
Research from the Sydney Living Library to the QPRC Library we have unravelled the History of the Cottage to display on an informative timeline.